Friday, April 18, 2014

Imagining the possibilities.

As I go through this last round of chemo I am starting to think about some of the decisions I have made in my life.  Looking to make some changes I think. Or at least think of the possibilities.

Karlye is 17 almost 18 and because of life situations and our illnesses she does not have her drivers license. As a father and parent this has really started bothering me lately. We are actively looking for a vehicle for Karlye. I think she deserves that freedom and responsibility. We have looked at a few. But, still hoping that God will provide something that will be in our price range. Which is not much. I am even willing to work on something to fix it up if needed.

Which would bring us to our other possible pipe dream. Which would be a home where I could work on a car and we could do other things that we would like to do. After living in a single wide trailer in a trailer park for over twenty years I am starting to think it is about time to be able to live with a little less restriction.

I have to admit that the park manager has been really good to us and has helped us and let us use his pole barn for some of our major car repairs. But it is just not the same as having your own garage to do that work. We have out grown our little happy home. We have things in storage that we have not even seen in a couple years. We store our camper in a nice storage lot. But again it is not right there so I can do repairs on it and we can easily get it ready for a trip. Or just use it to camp with the grandkids in the back yard. (No back yard.)

We want to be able to have all our stuff together. To be able to plant a garden or have a bon fire. Things you just can't do in a trailer park.

We have done some major home renovations in the past and I like to build things. I know I have the ability and the tools to do most any home remodel/construction project that we could imagine, and afford. As long as we had some land I could build storage or a workshop on down the line. We could possibly add on if we needed a little more space. As long as the home gave us that possibility to begin with.

I am not sure if God has this in my plans but I am hoping that he does. I just think of all those situations where I would be able to help others. While also being able to help and provide for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment