Thursday, February 27, 2014

Wishing Connor Myers success at state.

I have been meaning to write about this for a few day now and I am sorry that I have let life get in the way of telling this story.

Last Sunday during a phone conversation with Kris Myers her son Connor wanted to tell me something. So, as we talk he wanted me to know that he had taken it upon himself to call his coach and ask if they could add the symbol for Acute Myeloid Leukemia to his singlet. He explained to me that as a state qualifier he was able to design his uniform and that he asked his coach if it would be possible to add the orange ribbon that represents AML to the thigh of his singlet. To which his coach thought it would be possible. Connor told me that he wanted to add it to support me in my fight against AML. Now that is something that you don't suspect from someone so young and I am grateful for such an act of kindness.

Kris and Courtney Myers you have raised a fine young man! I know that he will do well in the state wrestling tournament this weekend!  Go Connor!!

MHSAA

2014 Individual Finals Home


Connor in his uniform.






No comments:

Post a Comment