Thursday, December 5, 2013

Biopsy done waiting on results

Finally home from my appointment.  Good news is that I do not have to give myself anymore shots of blood thinner AND I do not have to get more blood work done for now.  Maybe not so good is that Dr. Brinker had us schedule for me to be back in the hospital on December 16th for my first round of follow up chemo.  That is sooner than what I had expected.  But, he explained that if I am in remission now, which he will not know for sure until he gets the results of today's biopsy, he wants to keep me there and do follow up chemo sooner than later.

Now to see what Dr. Blair has to say on Friday in regards to Karlye's thyroid cancer treatment.  I want to be there if they decide surgery is the best treatment.

Dr. Brinker did tell us that he did not feel that there was anyone in Grand Rapids that he would recommend to treat Karlye.  He said.  "You need a good surgeon and unfortunately that is one thing we don't have here in Grand Rapids."  If it was my wife or child I would look into University of Chicago and U of M.  Those places that specialize in thyroid cancer treatment.

At least now I feel a little better about going to the University of Chicago in Friday.  But we do have other recommendations from friends and one being Ohio state University.  So, if for some reason we do not like Dr. Blair we have another option.

No comments:

Post a Comment