Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Karlye's surgery is tomorrow.

It has been a busy day and a lot going on in the last 24 hours. Karlye's surgery is tomorrow in Chicago. At first we were told that it would be at 2:00 and then not 30 minutes later we get a call back telling us that Dr. Blair saw the schedule and wanted Karlye moved to be the first patient of the day. She said it is going to be a long involved surgery and she wants to do it first. She wants to take whatever time is necessary for Karlye. She told me at out last appointment that she would take care of her like she was her own daughter. I told her that I would hold her to that! So, we have to be at the University of Chicago Medical Center to check in for pre-op by 8:30 and surgery is scheduled for 9:30. We will need to be leaving early in the morning and I hope that we do not hit any traffic getting in to the south side of Chicago.

Today I spent most of the morning getting my blood work done and taking care of some last minute things for Christmas and Emily's birthday. Dr. Patel thinks I should be ok until Monday and hopefully not need any blood products while we are in Chicago. My counts are falling and I will be susceptible to infection so she advised me to wear a mask while I am in Chicago. I will be getting blood work done on Friday to see where my counts are at and I am hoping I will have no issues.

Please keep Karlye in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow and pray that God will guide Dr. Blair's hands during the surgery and remove all the cancer. Also, to keep Karlye safe and the surgery and recovery goes as easily as it can! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment